Upcoming v3.0 Release

Discussion in 'News' started by Wilson212, Mar 17, 2017.

1. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

Sorry my last post was incomplete... Dont know what happened. bf2web.gamespy.com crashes server for sure. I think all my ports are open and all good. This is just fighting me every step of the way.

2. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost New Member

Are you sure you are using the vanilla bf2_w32ded.exe ? I looks like some of your redirections are getting overruled.
    Your BF2 server should be able to connect using bf2web.gamespy.com for realtime updating your stats.
    Just try to replace that bf2_w32ded.exe with a original one from your CD.

haxb0x2 likes this.
  3. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

I will clarify lol. When i add the re direct bf2web.gamespy.com to my servers host file my server will crash as soon as i try and join it. The error I get is an invalid gamespy url. Which is odd cause the other redirects are in there and I dont get any errors or crashes. How does your server not crash with that re direct?
    Im confused as *%&&*^ over here?
    Redirects in server are exactly what you posted except for bf2web.gamespy.com cause it causes a crash. I appreciate you continuing to help me out.

Sunnyghost likes this.
  4. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

Yeah all original all vanilla. Something is messed up though.
    Im gonna check my .exe files again. Never know I have been changing stuff back and fourth. Maybe a reinstall of both client and server will do some good.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    Sunnyghost likes this.
  5. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost New Member

If you ping bf2web.gamespy.com, what ip address is it coming back with?

haxb0x2 likes this.
  6. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

When I ping from my server it comes back as my WAN IP.

Sunnyghost likes this.
  7. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

OK... I have attached the error im getting server side my ping results and my host file. Man you have been a huge help. A solutions is out there just gotta find it.
    So a little more info:
    My server runs on its own box windows server 2008 (lol I know) Im gonna upgrade that if I get this working. That hooks into my modem which is in bridged mode cause it has a built in router. My server connects into one of the modems 4 ports. It is assigned an Address of 71.xx.xx.232. So essentially its DMZ'ed no ports need forwarded. My client machine is also its own machine (windows) connects into the modem via a router with address of 192.168.1.3. Even though the router has wireless capability my client is wired (not to fond of wifi when I am home).
    Reason I add this extra tid bit of info is because maybe I am doing something wrong or stupid with my setup. Thank you :)

EDIT: I wonder how I can sniff that url to see what it looks like. Wireshark comes to mind but idk what im doing with it (guess I will learn).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Sunnyghost likes this.
  8. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost New Member

"So it seems like im having issues with udp port 27900 and udp port 29910. When I do a port scan with nmap it tells me those ports are closed or filtered. All of the other ports that are needed are open and working just fine."

Ping looks okay. DNS is okay. Do you still have these closed ports issues with port 27900 and 29910?

haxb0x2 likes this.
  9. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

No sir we are all good now :). Dont ever ever ever edit a host file with Notepad ++ I MEAN EVER!!!!
    That was my issue. I ended up just creating a hosts.ics file and adding the redirects and everything was cool from there.
    Thank you for all your help!!! PM me sometime maybe we can play a game or 2 if you are down.

Sunnyghost likes this.
  10. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost New Member

Good to hear you solved all your problems. I will send you a PM later.
    Only question i have is where to find a modified bf2 file ( Linux ) to set the numplayersneededtostart to 1 in ranked mode.
    When i switch server "ranked" mode on, the numplayersneededtostart is set to 8.
    I am not familiar with hex editors :(

haxb0x2 likes this.
  11. haxb0x2

haxb0x2 New Member

Does sv.ranked work anymore? That would be a fun adventure if it does.

Sunnyghost likes this.
  12. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost New Member

It does work. In my server browser list i can see the "ranked" server icon :)
    But..... i want the numPlayersNeededToStart set to 1.
    The moment your server is "ranked", that number is changed to 8. Its hard coded in the executable and can be changed using a hex editor.