1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SP] Stats does not save.

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by peterchen620, Feb 19, 2006.

1. peterchen620

peterchen620 New Member

Hey fellow members of the BF2Statistics community,

I've recently followed the instruction on how to set up my very own singleplayer ranking stats for BF2 v1.12, and I was quite astounded that I am starting to received medals, and awards in Singleplayer using my online account!

But... The major problem is... that the awards and stats (kills, death, all that etc.) does not save.

Very odd... I completely follow the instructions, dl bf2statisticscoop.zip, everything.. But it still doesn't work... I even set my host to 127.0.0.1 =_="

I was quite dissappointed with the result I have tried putting threw it... So I would like to formally ask... If you guys know whats wrong? First off, stats work, secondly... Bots name don't show in leadersboard and also... I'm not shown in the leadersboard.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT* I follow the instruction here: http://www.bf2statistics.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?320

I think there is a problem with my stats redirecting to my db.

2. anuj

anuj New Member

I had that same problem when running singleplayer. It's just plain easier to use the BF2 dedicated server files and run the BF2Stat system using that.

It's a large download, yes, but it's much easier. It's not resource-intensive, so it won't be like running two instances of Bf2 at the same time.

3. P@L

P@L Member

Or.. u can do this..
    1. Make a shortcut to bf2.exe and put this line in target [blockquote]"C:\YOUR_PATH\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +dedicated 1 +gameMode sp1 +modPath mods/bf2 +loadLevel strike_at_karkand +ai 1 +config ServerSettings.con +ranked 1[/blockquote] (name this BF2 DeD)

2. Make another shortcut with this line in target [blockquote]"C:\YOUR_PATH\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playerName YOUR_NICK +playerPassword YOUR_PASSWORD +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/bf2 +multi 1[/blockquote] (name this BF2 CooP Nick)

There might be some problemo with your config aswell, so double check everything.. for example i cant use 127.0.0.1 in the host file i have to use my global ip (the ip your computer's identfied with online)

I hope this helps.. if not let me know.. and if u get it to work dont forget to post what u had to do to make it work so that others may learn ;)

4. peterchen620

peterchen620 New Member

Ok, I will try out the Dedicated Server way.

5. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

I can't seen to get the servers either....

I rank up to Corp in an SP game, then come outto expect to unlock summit but it hasn't shown on the BFHQ......

I'm using an Online account and have done everything as I should but I want to earn them unlocks :(

Help?!?

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Have you redirected your client to the database your stats are stored in?

Do you see any stats at all?

Shure it's not EA stats?

We need some more info to be able to help you out. :)

7. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

When you say "redirect" do you mean to the localhost? ie 127.0.0.1 in the snapshot.py? Then yes I have ;)

No, in BFHQ everything is blank....Zeros across the board

If they were EAs, it would show me as 1st Sergeant.

8. MrNiceGuy

What i mean about redirect, is to either use the bf2statsitics client, add the ip to your database, hit update host, then go to bfhq and choose your unlock.

Or add the line to your hosts file manually.

E.G 127.0.0.1 bf2web gamespy.com

Just change the ip, so it points to your database. ;)

9. hurr1k4ne

hurr1k4ne Member

OFF TOPIC:

you don't need to hit BFHQ, every button(except quit) worked for me... to see the choose unlock form

10. MrNiceGuy

Format C: works also... !smoking

11. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

When you say IP, do you mean IP of the localhost 127.0.0.1 (Web Server) or the IP of the PC ie 192.168.2.5?

12. MrNiceGuy

You have a typO in your config file...

About the ip, if it is running on localhost (same as the gameserver) use either 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

13. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

Just realised summit..... I can't upgrade to 1.2 using the make_pid.php. Comes up with error

[blockquote]Warning: file_get_contents(c:/program files/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/ai/botnames.ai) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 37

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 55

Warning: fopen(c:/program files/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/pid.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 57

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 58

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 59
    0 players written to c:/program files/battlefield 2/mods/bf2/pid.txt.[/blockquote]

Any help on this?

Cheers

D

14. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

You can also use your network ip adress (192.168.2.5 :)
    check it out with start->run->cmd a big bad black window pops up !devilmad type

[blockquote]ping bf2web.gamespy.com[/blockquote]

You should get something like
    [blockquote]
    C:\>ping bf2web.gamespy.com

Ping bf2web.gamespy.com [127.0.0.1] mit 32 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 127.0.0.1: Bytes=32 Zeit

15. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

Oh god :) You produce the errors faster we can help :p
    Umm ther failure is defined in the error message...

No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\make_pid.php on line 37

One of the files isnt at the right place... Youve checked this?

I dunno how it works with xampp but maybe the blank in the directory comes with problems?!

16. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

Pings fine 0ms ;) ie host :p

My make_pid.txt says this.....

[blockquote][/blockquote]

What have I done wrong on lines 37, 55, 57-59?

17. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

In line 37 calls this line (- and the other errors depends on the first one.)

// PATH TO MOD DIRECTORY (NO TRAILING '/')
    $modpath = 'c:/program files/battlefield 2/mods/bf2';

maybe you can play little bit with this path?

18. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

For me, battlefield 2 is a subfolder of EA Games...

Or try backslashes \ instead of slashes / B)

19. D_Lusted

D_Lusted New Member

WEll, everything is sorted now other than that the stats ain't saving....

Anyone know why?

20. lord0815

lord0815 New Member

does the script (make_pid.php) work???
    Yes? What was wrong? or No?