Server down when round ends

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by AleX_OD, Mar 29, 2006.

1. AleX_OD

AleX_OD New Member

Where is some trouble come after bf2statistic installation on linux OS. After each time when game round ends or voiting for other map, server disconnecting players and down for a shot time. How can I fix this problem?

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Try to update to patch 1.22 wich came out today!
    There have been some known server issues with the 1.21 patch. :)

3. Brain

Brain New Member

At me the same problem. I have updated a server and the client up to version 1.22, but nothing has changed. Can something advise?

4. MrNiceGuy

Also if your players are disconnecting, make shure you have the latest version of punkbuster.

I have the server running on linux without any issues.

5. Brain

Brain New Member

I do not use PunkBuster.

6. AleX81

AleX81 New Member

How correctly to adjust Punkbuster under Linux? After we have updated Punkbuster on a server, game all equally gives out the message on that that version Punkbuster old.

Question 2. At us the problem with a server under Linux consists that at end of a level of game the server falls and disconnects all users. This problem arises after installation of statistics. Later some minutes a server are restored. This problem occurs during that moment when data from game are transferred in a database. How it is possible to solve this problem?

Question 3. Whether Should open unlocks in game, if a server not ranked? At us a server not ranked and unlocks do not open.

7. AleX81

AleX81 New Member

Friends, really nobody can find the answer to our questions? Whether it will be correct to work a server and statistics without established Punkbuster on Linux a server?

8. MrNiceGuy

I have been browsing around for this issue, and it can have something to do with endofround.py.
    comment out the line "host.gl_sendEndOfRoundData(dataString)". The bug is that the end-of-round data is not recognized by the client and causes it to crash to the desktop. This workaround simply doesn't send the data, which means the map loading screen won't have player stats.

Try this and let me know how it goes...

9. Brain

Brain New Member

Thanks, i try

10. AleX_OD

AleX_OD New Member

When this problem occurs, game gives out an inscription " the problem this your connection ", but on a desktop does not throw out. At this moment the server falls or is overloaded, in some minutes it is restored and it is possible to continue to play. If to vote in current of game for other level occurs too most.

11. MrNiceGuy

What is you internet connection btw??
    And, do u get the same errors w/o the bf2statistics scripts loaded??

12. Brain

Brain New Member

Nothing has changed. Connection LAN. The statistics does not give out any errors.

13. AleX81

AleX81 New Member

When we disconnected scripts of statistics all worked normally and the server did not fall. Comment line " host.gl_sendEndOfRoundData (dataString) " has not helped to solve a problem. The server falls during the moment of end of a level for some minutes with an inscription " There is and problem with your connection ". If pair minutes to wait while this inscription in game the server restores the work is shone and it is possible to continue to play. And data in statistics are brought and displayed correctly. And during when the level of game comes to an end leaves that the server BF2 is simply switched off for some minutes.

Question 2. Whether the script of monitoring of players on a server can (in the form of a web-interface) to influence somehow correct work of scripts of statistics?

Question 3. Whether the variant, what this problem because of unstated on a server punkbuster (last version) is possible? We do not use punkbuster absolutely.

Help please to us with this problem if there is its decision

14. MrNiceGuy

and your connection are?? Port 80 isnt blocked in any way?? Just have to make shure before we dig into the issue....

15. AleX81

AleX81 New Member

If the port 80 would be closed, on statistics we at all would not send. That is when the port 80 is closed that a page of statistics would not open. Friends, our problem till now was not solved, help us to understand with this problem...

16. MrNiceGuy

Again, what is the speed of your internet connection? This is the last time i ask! :)

17. Brain

Brain New Member

Server is in a local network. Speed connection is 10 Mbs.

18. AleX_OD

AleX_OD New Member

Whether to the Internet connection is necessary for work of statistics? On our server BF2 there is no Internet connection, only a local network. The problem can in it?

19. MrNiceGuy

Okey, last night i had to update my punkbuster version on my server, because it kicked people. I had 40-45 player's on for many rounds, and the server was doing just fine, no disconnecting players. This is a linux server, and i can report it to be working just fine.
    Even though after many rounds of high pinger's, it got abit laggy from time to time...

I will look into it though...

20. MrNiceGuy

Do you want my apache log? Then you'll understand really how much bandwidth the server is using with the stats system... :)