1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one computer - two servers

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by joe, Mar 5, 2006.

1. joe

joe New Member

Ok here's the thing.

The gameserver needs redirecting in the hosts file for everything to work properly. I understand that, but what i don't understand is why is this line for in the "snapshot.py" and why it needs editing ?

PATH = '/ASP/bf2statistics.php' # server path to script

So if i have a second server and put the asp scripts in lets say /ASP-SERVER2/ and edit that line, will the second server still work properly ? The problem is in redirecting (127.0.0.1 bf2web.gamespy.com - BFHQ takes you to stats of server 1, so i cant get it to work for server2.

Server 1 uses bighamster's stats + some mode
    Server 2 uses your bf2statistics

BFHQ will never work for both of them on the same machine, therefore server2 cannot run properly, right ? is there any workaround ? I have another webserver on a different host, maybe thats the sollution ?

Any idea ?

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

1. The PATH can you change to whatever you want, as long as it includes config.php for database info. This is the file the snapshot posts the round stats to.

1. The folder must be ASP, since the game uses that path.

3. It is only possible to redirect to 1 IP adress on 1 box,
    question is, do you use ASP backend for the bighamster stats also?

There migh be a workaround, but i cannot mention that on this board...

[/html]

3. joe

joe New Member

would you mind telling me your icq, msn or email, i would really like to hear some new ideas.

About server which uses bighmaster's stats, i only need getunlocksinfo.aspx, i would like to have all weapons unlocked, and only earned ones on server 2.

I probably told this story way to confusing, i would gladly explain this on "4 eyes" :)

edit: my mail: primski [at] gmail [dot] com