1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offline Rank Server

Discussion in 'BF2 Server Administration' started by rush68, Jan 10, 2008.

1. rush68

rush68 New Member

I ve some problems by installing a offline rank server .... I used install notes from http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8533
    i do all like written but at the end nothing starts when i try to use the .ink files from desktop

2. Nx3

Nx3 New Member

I yust installt it to with some problems could you explane yours a littel more

If I'm correct you can connect to the server but don't get any ranks / awards

my solution was to use the .vbs from this thread
    edit the vbs like this
    18 : strHostsFile = objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%SystemRoot%") & \system32\drivers\etc\hosts.ics"
    27 : strLookupAddr = "" //on server this shoud be 127.0.0.1
    123 : objShell.Run "BF2.EXE" & strArgs, 0, True //on server use insted BF2_W32ded.exe

to let statistics apear the script must only run on the server
    the clients only need the script to unlock and see the bfhq waht isn't possible with offline accounts in any case

3. Groda_Lotsapot

Groda_Lotsapot New Member

Nx3 - Another option is to use the HOSTS.ics file instead, and then you don't have to do any weird VBS stuff. Just search the forums, and you'll see what I'm talking about