1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insane Lag and High Ping when hosting my game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by SECVTOR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Hello fellow Battlefield 2 players.

I got a question; I installed BFStatistics, got a local server to run as per instructions, connecting to it but it has insane ping and lag even though its nothing but bots. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Hi SECVTOR,

Did you import the BOT names into the player Database? When one or more BOT names are not in the DB, it will cause lag.

SECVTOR likes this.
  3. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

No, I haven't; how is that done? I play with AIX 2.0 which has new bot names too so this could be my solution.

Thank you for replying.

4. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

You should use the import function of BF2Statistics and select the file "BotNames.ai" to import.
    You can find this file in your mods folder. For example \mods\AIX2\AI\BotNames.ai

SECVTOR likes this.
  5. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Thank you, I've done that and the server's up but now, I got a new problem; upon trying to join on Battlefield 2 Vanilla I get YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM THE SERVER AS A RESULT OF EXCESS TEAMKILLING/SUCCESSFUL VOTEKICK. I read that this can be due to the copy being illegitimate but its a copy from Lost-Soldiers as supplied by Shark. I did the random key thing on BF2Hub as well; no joy. Guess its impossible.

6. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Have you installed BF2Hub client and/or are you using BF2GamespyRedirector?

7. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Yessir, I got BF2Hub installed AND I tried to run it from Gamespy redirector. Tried to run it from BF2Hub as well and no joy. P.S Thanks for staying with me btw

8. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Is BF2Hub client fully patched? Are all sections green?
    Did you try to log in to more then one server? Try First-legion.
    Try changing your cd-key. Some servers are blocking vpn or proxy ip addresses.

9. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Yes I did go to the key changer tab, changed the key, backed it up, updated the client to the latest version.
    Not running any proxies or VPNs as I read those cause problems too.
    After experimenting, I managed to run a server of HEAT OF BATTLE standalone and only problem there is that the bots are MIA; gonna try and screw with the server manager program provided here.

10. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Right, Im back to square 1; no joy at all. Cant connect due to the EXCESS TEAMKILLING error. I'll say that I dont have the control center installed as the Hjaldrud guide says it conflicts with the initial set up. Everything is updated, everything is green. No VPNs or proxies are running, everything is done step by step and yet, I cant get on my own server. Did such an issue occur before? How was it fixed?

11. unknown

unknown Member

I think there is protection against external login. You are using BF2Hub instead of Gamespy Emulator, so it reads you as an external login and then blocks you

12. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

I even used the Gamespy Redirector and launched it from there after selecting my installation folder. Still no joy. I even outright quit BF2Hub and closed it in the system tray.

13. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

RIGHT! Update time, I created a new account in-game that isnt related to Bf2Hub at all; lo and behold; IT LETS ME IN!
    I played a round of co-op with 16 bots. Private Stats Admin saw me and everything. Is there a guide on server management? Like how do I get a conquest mode going with bots, 64 players, mod support, using custom maps etc?

EVERYONE WHO ANSWERED THIS THREAD; THANK YOU! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR STICKING WITH ME AND TRYING TO HELP!

14. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

And another problem; my stats aren't saving. Neither in BFHQ or on the ASP. I ran the test on the ASP, all fine. Running everything as administrator, name of directory without spaces etc.

15. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Take a look at your /ASP/System/Snapshots folder
    Hopefully you can find the reason your snapshots ( scores ) are not imported to the database.

16. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Hey there! If stats are not being saved, there is a good chance that you don't have your redirects set up correctly. Specifically for the BF2 server, you must set the "http_backend_addr" property to the correct IP address! This is located in the following path "<server>/python/bf2/BF2StatisticsConfig.py". If you are using the BF2 Hub software, local stats will not work either.

17. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

18. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

Awards are saving, snapshots are sent to the ASP but, rank's not increasing.
    even though I met the conditions; did I miss anything?

19. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Is the rank increased in the ASP? If the rank is correct in the ASP, then this is somewhat normal. Sometimes the bf2 server doesn't load the player's rank properly, but then is only sometimes.

20. SECVTOR

SECVTOR New Member

When I click on my player in the ASP I get a PHP error. Now the awards arent saving again.
    To fix not getting a rank, I changed the LAN override IP to my private IP/server IP; I know this may have been stupid but I figured it was worth a try.