Solved How to set everything up to play singleplayer with saved progress?

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by Paras, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Paras

Paras New Member

but I just realized when I checked again that my account is existing twice by now in the playerlist :° ... the new account got another PID as my account actually does have. My account got the PID 2900002 but this other one uses 500100985 ... this one actually got a rank but as I said... the PID isn't correct (not identical with the PID that I've found and taken from my profile).

I'll delete the first account and ckeck what will happen...
    If nothing changes I'll try to create a new account with the new PID I just found... kinda strange... I thought I had to use my acctual PID

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

I see. Well the 2900002 pid should be correct. 500100985 could be from registering the account on a different provider.

Paras likes this.
  3. Paras

Paras New Member

I've replaced the original PID with this new PID I've found but it did not work as well... so my personal progress will not save and I ran out of ideas...
    The 500100985 PID is the only PID what shows up in the leaderboard and playerlist/ database and also adds points, rank etc. to it ... but this does not show up ingame. I keep staying private with no earnings even that the leaderboard shows my account with over 3000 points by now.

4. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

This may seems like a silly question, but did you follow the install directions that come with the program? When you launch your Battlefield 2, are all the check marks on the main tab of the program checked green (no red X)?

Paras likes this.
  5. Paras

Paras New Member

Im a silly guy so actually I have no bad feelings about your question and I fear it is legitim because I've missed this guide but I've found it now...
    But as far as I see, it should be more or less like this guide shows and yes now that you've teached me how to set up the Gamespy Redirect everything got the green check.

6. Paras

Paras New Member

I would like to send all of my setup in to make it easier to find the problem but I don't know how... I think I'll try to send some pictures of it but you need to tell me what informations you think you need (and where I can find them) to find what I did wrong or missed here.

I mean... there is alot of settings and stuff and I just don't know how everything is connected and affiliated with each other

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  7. Paras

Paras New Member

Playerlist ingame - you see some of the bots got a rank and I don't - so for bots it is working but no clue why it does not fore me

Attached Files:

8. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Ok, I see the problem. Can you send me your latest log file from the python scripts (bf2 server/python/bf2/logs/)

Paras likes this.
  9. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Hi Paras, your PID 500100985 is your BF2HUB PID.
    It looks like your redirection is not 100% okay.

Have you the BF2hub client software installed on your computer?
    If yes, I think it is overiding your other settings. When you install BF2hub client. your bf2 executable is also changed and they hardcoded some redirections!

[​IMG]

In basic settings, you need to select "Bf2HUb Operation Mode - Disabled"

Paras and MrNiceGuy like this.
  10. Paras

Paras New Member

oh allrighty... I did not know that :° ... ehm... I'll check if it will work without

Sunnyghost likes this.
  11. Paras

Paras New Member

no... did not change anything... but on the other hand - even that I've disabled it, the BF2 Hub "tag" still shows up in the menu when I've started the game (BF2 Hub is not opened tho)... at least no servers show up this time

ehm... I don't have a folder named "bf2 server" but I have several Python folders. One inside the main and one inside the BF2Statistics folder... but due the fact that there is no Logs in the second one I guess it is the first one in the main directory?
    Ehm do you need everything (there is a snapshot folder insider with files only named as DELETE ME in subdirectorys named sent and unsent) or only those textdocuments named like bf2game_XXXXXXXXX or something completly different?

12. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Can you check the following:

Start BF2 using Control Center
    Login to your account
    When logged in, minimize your BF2 to desktop ( Allt - tab )
    Go to the next folder: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and look for the file "hosts" ( assuming you have windows 10 )
    If you open that "hosts" file with a text editor, what lines do you see?

Paras likes this.
  13. Paras

Paras New Member

ehm... you mean this?

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

except of text written with "#" in front that's everything

Sunnyghost likes this.
  14. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

Yes. There is only one "hosts" file?
    If so then it looks okay to me.

Paras likes this.
  15. Paras

Paras New Member

it's never that easy with/ for me :D:rolleyes::(

Sunnyghost likes this.
  16. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

You can completely un-install BF2hub client. It looks to me there are still modifications made to your BF2 files so its pointing somehow to BF2HUB.
    You can install BF2hub client afterwards. Its only for testing.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Paras likes this.
  17. Paras

Paras New Member

I did as you said and deleted BF2Hub ... Im not sure but it looks like it really worked - at least I had a rank higher than private this time

Sunnyghost likes this.
  18. Sunnyghost

Sunnyghost Member

BF2hub client is patching the bf2.exe and the bf2_w32ded.exe files in your BF2 install folder. The redirections in the hosts file are being overruled by the settings in these "patched" exe files.
    I am glad i was able to help :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Paras and Wilson212 like this.
  19. Paras

Paras New Member

Yeah me again, sorry I was in a hurry earlier. Thanks alot to you guys it seems like this time everything is really working out :)
    And excuse all the trouble :rolleyes:

Sunnyghost likes this.