1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, help appreciated

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by CrazyMedic, Feb 23, 2017.

1. CrazyMedic

CrazyMedic New Member

Hello Bf2Statistics!

I am here to ask for a helping hand in creating a battlelog unranked private stats server!
    I have owned servers in the past hosted through gameservers.com as well as elitegameservers.com

I recently was an owner of a ranked knife server but the server was later taken down as it was discussed more and moderators decided to take action and take down all ranked knife servers due to them violating terms/policy/rules.

I was told it is fairly easy to purchase a hosted unranked server, and than setup private ranking and even customize the private ranking (change requirements for ranks) which I am very interested in!

On top of this, I was told that it is possible to restrict weapons, classes, which would be a massive benefit to my server as well....

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no clue where to begin...and quite frankly, don't want to learn how to....

So, I would appreciate it if someone would be willing to give me a hand and if I could speak to someone who has knowledge in doing this that would be amazing as well! Via vent, teamspeak, discord, or skype, etc!

In return, I will of course be more than happy to pay/donate to the person/community for the help!

Would gladly appreciate a reply/some help!

2. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Hey there Crazy Medic. Given FTP access to the http server, I am willing to set the system up for you. You must verify however that the server you are hosting on meets the requirements to save some time and frustration :p . You will want to use the Web Files version of the system, which requires an Apache webserver with PHP 5.3 or newer (should not be a problem these days). You must be aware that you will need to use a redirect feature on the machine where the BF2 server is being hosted on (such as being able to edit IP tables on Linux or, if on Windows, the hosts file), which may prove to be difficult if using a 3rd party hosting company. For a small fee I can get one of my buddies to make you an edited bf2server.exe with a hardcoded IP redirect if you are unable to modify IP tables or the hosts file.

3. CrazyMedic

CrazyMedic New Member

Okay I will do as much as I can today,
    however quick question,
    Will i be able to edit/mod my server so that certain weapons are allowed?
    IE knife & shock only
    Would be handy as admin commands would not be as needed.

4. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Its possible yes, if you create a python mod. Something like this Old School script: http://pastebin.com/PFX85cTP

5. CrazyMedic

CrazyMedic New Member

Awesome is that something you could help me with if I were to pay for your help?