1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dedicated server problem :)

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by AshKa, Jul 21, 2006.

1. AshKa

AshKa New Member

Hi

1st...well done on what you guyz have going here, i hope you guyz can help me :)

I did as good as i could with the whole setup, but as soon as i launch the dedicated server i get this BF2 error.

I did aply the paramaters +dedicated 1 +ranked 1

I do notice that when i untick the internet and ranked option that it then atleast launches the server, otherwise, i just get this error followed by a dont send/send report

the filepath it specify doesnt even exist on my pc (c:\dice\proj.........)

I hope someone will be able to give me some tips, thank :)
    [​IMG]

2. csuno

csuno New Member

do you have edited the windows host file?
    with the latest bf2 patch 1.3 they do a check on this file, and when you do the host file redirection trick...it causes such errors...

GREEETZZZ CSUNO

3. AshKa

AshKa New Member

Hi

Well i did each and every step carefully, i did edit the windows host file and got the error with the latest BF2 update, then i uninstalled my battlefield and installed a clean copy of the 1st version of battlefield. Maybe im just trying it on the wrong way, the reason i think so is because what i want to do is, im trying to setup a stat server on a dedicated server for a LAN (thus no internet connection what soever). So i'm not sure if i need to tick the internet option on the dedicated server interface or need to untick it. When unticked i cant tick the global unlocks option near the bottom :( . When i untick it, it starts perfectly, but does it connect to the webserver/database etc? Also im not sure how the client part works, do you have to create a new account somehow via the client interface or manualy on the database? i think i'm totaly of track maybe on what i want to do ??oO??

Thanx for helping :)

4. AshKa

AshKa New Member

HI

Maybe i did something wrong in editing somefiles??? well here are screenshots of them. I hope i wont get in some trouble for applying these screenshots on this post B)

Maybe someone can help !fever

Thanx
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Sorry to brake in here, but you should change your password after posting it to a public forum...

6. AshKa

AshKa New Member

hi

Its on a lan not on the internet. So it doesn't realy matter. :D

7. csuno

csuno New Member

dont edit the host file...use a dns server instead....

CSUNO

Edit:

if you wanna use your lan array in config.php you have to delete the front " // "!

8. AshKa

AshKa New Member

hi

I changed back the host file as it was. I tried to setup the dns server but im not sure i did all righ :(

about the lan array thing...i'm not even sure what that is :(

Im starting to loose hope :(

This error just wont go away
    [​IMG]

9. csuno

csuno New Member

is this apologies
    the same problem?

What DNS Server do you use?

CSUNO