1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Support

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by Kinsman, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Kinsman

Kinsman New Member

Ok, while its nice n all, to have a system, that works the same as EA's. Is it possible, to get it to support Custom Stuff a little easier.

For instance, Custom Maps, should not just appear as "99-unknown" Surely its not too difficult, to pull that info from the server???

I realise that custom gametypes, and scoring, is a little more involved, but, FWIW, heres the scoring, for the very popular Desert Conflict CTF Mod.

CTF_SCORE_STEAL = 2
    CTF_SCORE_DEFEND = 2
    CTF_SCORE_RETURN = 4
    CTF_SCORE_CAPTURE = 10
    CTF_SCORE_KILLED_CARRIER = 2

Mainly, it would seem, the biggest market for the system, is people who cannot afford, or in the case of Australia were actually DENIED, access to a EA Ranked Server.

Funnily enough though, its usually these people, who love their custom maps, and support a lot of mods. So, basically, bringing an EA based system to them, doesnt make a lot of sense, theres a greater need, for a far more flexible system, that does not require, every single little thing, to be HARD Coded into it.

Where enjoying the system, but remain in permanent trial, awaiting a way to add the CTF Scoring to it, once thats done, we will reset the DB and go live.

Till then, were stuck in limbo basically. !sad

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

I totally agree with you kinsman, and i would also like to see support for a mod like that...
    Since this is in a early stage still, it might be some kind of support for this at a later time.