1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused - please help

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by Bounceruk, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Bounceruk

Bounceruk New Member

Hi, I would love a nice new sig like the ones everyone seems to have, but I'm a complete dumbass at things like this and haven't got a clue where to begin. :((

I have downloaded the Bf2 statistics signature v1.0 and added my pid (hopefully to the right place). I did this in notepad and now it's changed nearly all the files to notepad. !dodge

Apart from that, I have absolutely no idea what to do next.

Could someone please explain in laymans terms what to do?

or even do it for me? my pid is 65958371

Hope someone can help !blush !blush

Thank you

2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Installation instructions:

before uploading the files extract them into a subfolder somewhere so you can edit them. after making all the changes needed below then upload everything in the subfolder you extracted the files in to your server.

Make sure the statsxml folder has READ/WRITE permission (it needs it because this is where the script read/writes all the cached info to/from files).
    If you get an error reading or writing a file, then this is the cause of your problem, CHMOD the statsxmlfolder (and any files that you may already have in it) to have read and write permission

the you will definately want to change the settings in config.php. this file controls what pid it uses if none is specified and what pids to allow because you can go to sig.php?id=xxxxxxx where xxxxxx is your pid and it will show that persons pid. (or an error not authorized if they arent allowed). make sure you allow your pid or you will get the error. it also has how long to wait before getting new stats, and where to save the cached stats.
    You probably want to change the $infotoget variable as well, this is the stats that the sig gets, see the scrollable box at the bottom of this post for a list of all the choices and what they are. if you cahnge this then you will need to change the theme.php to make it show these new stats that you are getting, and hid the ones that you dont want anymore.

you will probably also want to change theme.php that is in themes/default folder. this file controls the positioning of the stats and color/weight ect of the text, and what stats to show (if you change what stats the script gets, you will want to change what stats the script shows in this file)

the image it uses for your sig background is normal.png in the themes/default folder.

If bf2web is down, it will read from the cached file even if it has been longer than whatever $cachetime is set to. the only exception to this rule is that if bf2web is down AND there is no cache file for the player, then there will be an error informing that bf2web is down and no cache file exists.

i included the .htaccess file i use to make it so you can go to www.yourwebsite.com/xxxxxxx.png where xxxxxxx is your pid # and it will show it for you (for the forums that dont allow images with php extensions. if for some reason you dont want this function you can delete the httaccess file and it will still function properly but only work with sig.php?id=XXXXXXX)

If you have the script in a subdirectory, you will want to modify line 3 in the .htaccess file to point to that directory the sig.php is located in.
    example below:
    RewriteRule ^([0-9]*)\.png$ /subdirectoryname/sig.php?id=$1 [NC]

*UPDATE 8-27*
    The .htaccess still works the same was as before, however i added in a line to support themes.
    still works(Assumes default theme) - http://www.kastechnology.com/44487783.png
    giving it the theme name(in this case plain) - http://www.kastechnology.com/44487783|plain.png
    some notes about theme names, the folder can only have A-Z, 0-9, _, and - in it. spaces or other characters wont work(but you could edit the .htaccess to change it if this was neccessary)

You can get other stats then the ones it is set up to get by default, you just need to edit $infotoget which is in config.php and also edit the theme.php to change what variables its showing and what it says before them.

3. Bounceruk

Bounceruk New Member

Thank you for your help m8....even more confused now, damn, told you I was a dumbass at this kinda stuff!

Thanks anyway