BF2142 Stats Discussion

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by Wilson212, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

I checked out that file, i dont like the idea of being forced to patch the bf2142.exe file but, it is what it is i suppose... As long as it works, i will start working on the 2142 stats system

sezuna likes this.
  2. Wilson212

So i did some messing around today with some code... Emulating the stats feature of Bf2142 is easy if i use a php engine to parse an old Auth key decoder (take a look here). Its going to be alittle bit sloppy having to rely on An external Login emulation server (not to mention, ONLY supports MySQL databases), and then a PHP script to decode the Auth string that comes in from the BF2142 client to fetch your stats. I will try and convert it into C# so i dont need the php script anymore, but the more i dig into it, the harder its getting to do so...

I will keep working on this, but im letting you guys know now that this system wont be as clean and tidy as the BF2 statistics system :confused:

sezuna, Pereira and Ryuop like this.
  3. Pereira

Pereira New Member

no problem dude! take your time! it will be greate to see 2142 rise again!

4. lJaYl

lJaYl New Member

Hey.
    Just wondered if there was any news about this happening.
    -JaY

5. Wilson212

No news yet no. I'm still working on perfecting the bf2 system for the time being.

lJaYl likes this.
  6. lJaYl

lJaYl New Member

Completely understandable. I got 2142 after it was popular and haven't seen much in the way of servers. Thanks for your work though Wilson!
    -JaY

7. Wilson212

The big issue with bf2142 is that the authentication system is now 2 steps instead of one step in Bf2. Bf2142 also connected to a currently unknown host address (ea server) and fetched account data from there as well. To top everything off, they used a sort of encryption with the PID when fetching stats that is kinda tough to emulate.

I would like to get 2142 working and all, but its alot more, and harder work to emulate then bf2 ever was :(

8. StoneCold

StoneCold New Member

Hi Wilson,

I think I visited the site a few years back but decided a couple of days ago to play some BF2 once more. I decided to revisit the site and boy, the latest version of the CC software is very slick and streamline. Can't wait to fully test it out over the weekend seeing that I've already managed to set it up to a degree.

Now, with regards to BF2142, is it something that you're still keen on supporting stats wise? For some motivation, I'm willing to donate you some cash (minimum of $10, maybe even more) to continue development for a stats version of BF2142. I don't know if anyone else might be keen on donating as well? I'm always in awe how some individuals, like yourself, have the ability to code things to make this all possible. If I had the knowledge too, I would jump at the opportunity as well, therefore I wouldn't mind donating ;)

I love playing with bots and to have my own private ranked server for BF2142 bot support would be the next best thing (next to BF2 stats of course) ;)

9. Wilson212

I have always had my eye on bf2142 statistics. The system is similar to how bf2 worked, and I have my hands on the real ranked python files for it as well, so the only thing that I would need to do is convert the ASP web service over from bf2, and recode some of it to support 2142.

The real challenge for this project, and the main reason I have not moved forward with 2142, is that since Gamespy is shutdown, I will need to also create a login / master server for it as well. This is quite a huge task, since the authentication system is quite different from the way BF2's authentication design. If you recall, bf2142 had the "soldier / profile" system, and that data was not stored with gamespy, but rather on EA's personal servers. At this moment, I have no idea what that server address was and how that server worked exactly.

Another challenge, in regards to having to create a gamespy emulator for 2142, is that it uses an SSL socket connection. With the little research I have done on this, I have not been able to find a way to fake a SSL certificate in C# (the language of all my desktop programs). As much as I would like to create a 2142 emulator, it is not going to be an easy task... if its even possible to do in C#.

Firetobbe likes this.
  10. StoneCold

StoneCold New Member

Thanks for the reply Wilson, I understand the problems that you've encountered.

In light of this, why not help out (if you want) the folks over at battlelog.co?

At the moment they're looking for people to help out, see the post over here: http://battlelog.co/post.php?id=8789

If you're not keen on collaborating it's all good, just thought that maybe someone there can perhaps assist you solving the development issues you've run in to :)

11. Wilson212

If you take a look here http://battlelog.co/team.php, I am already a team member over there, and am responsible for the updating and maintenance of the Login Servers ;)

Firetobbe and StoneCold like this.
  12. StoneCold

StoneCold New Member

That's good to know, thanks ! :D

13. Ryuop

Ryuop Member

Hi Wilson,
    You got any news about progress for BF2142?

14. Firetobbe

Firetobbe New Member

I wonder too! :)

15. unknown

unknown Member

Would be good if Revive team support you with their bf2142 backend source code. Also I got worked C# class that decodes bf2142 auth token, but forum wont let me post link.

16. Wilson212

I also got a decoder working in C#, but there is a lot more than just the encrypted auth token to bf2142. I don't ever plan to support 2142 unfortunately. You should be able to post links though, maybe try and post it without making a link (wrap in code tags)? I would like to see how you managed to do it. :)

17. unknown

unknown Member

Here is link base64 encoded:
    Code:
    aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuamRvb2RsZS5jb20vYS9kVkQ=

18. unknown

unknown Member

Most difficult is to emulate login services and server browsing?:)

19. BALROG

BALROG New Member

Hello, first I wanted to congratulate you for the BF2Statistics which is a masterpiece and I would like to share with you this link that I found for Battlefield 2142, maybe it works (hopefully) or is what you were needing / looking for.
    Maybe you can adapt it to work and emulate the missing servers in 2142.

Battlefield 2142 Statistics Emulator Server
    You can find it by searching maiorBoltach github in google (since it doesn't let me upload the link) and the folder they are looking for is "bf2142stats_emu"

(I separated the address with Enter since it wouldn't let me upload the post)

Thank you in advance for all the effort and dedication you put in so that we can enjoy Battlefield 2