1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BF2142 and Private Stats

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by shadow42, Oct 24, 2006.

1. shadow42

shadow42 Member

This is just a quick update about BF2142 anf BF2Statistics...

As many may be aware, BF2142 is built on a tweaked version of the BF2 engine. This means the backend stuff (ie, python) is essentially the same. This is great because it means building a BF2142 compatible version of the BF2statistics shouldn't be a huge job.... That's the theory anyway. !dodge

OK, now the game has hit (or floped ;) ) I've had a chace to look "under the hood". THe news on the python side is good, not much has changed. :)

But (you knew this was coming right ;) ), EA have decided to make some nasty little changes on the Web side of things. Most notably is the use of one time encryption keys (like those RSA Security tokens) for both the auth (which we can just ignore) and the query string reqests (which we can't :(( ). This means creating the web side of things will be a challenge. :(

Oh, and one final thing, the sods at EA have decided to put all the relevant files in the root of their web site (ie, no /ASP/).

So the short answer is: Yes, a private stats system IS possible, it's just not as easy as first thought!

2. Sascha53721

Sascha53721 New Member

i hope you can make it.
    because i will all features free for my server.

3. sharok

sharok Member

Well, Shadow, I trust you absolutely to find how it can be done. You did an exceptional job with BF2, so if anyone can get it done, it's you.

I await more news with utmost confidence.

4. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

I know it will be an awesome stats server.
    I cant't wait to get it when it comes out, even though I can't get bf2stats to work but
    it's my fault.

5. shadow42

shadow42 Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, I'll try to live up to your expectations... ;)

6. XMog

XMog New Member

I am definitely looking forward to a personal rank/stats server for BF2142 :) Good luck in your progress!

7. ProsVetali

ProsVetali New Member

Hi all!
    2The Shadow, have you a progress now?

We wait for goods news and results very much!!!

8. shadow42

shadow42 Member

Sorry guys no progress at this stage. EA's new encypted request keys are causing all sorts of hell (oh and I sorta been hooked palying BF2142... !dodge)

9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Not shure if you already know about it, but here you go ---> http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/BF2142_Statistics  [​IMG] [/html]

10. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

The link to http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/BF2142_Statistics%C2%A0
    has nothing to read. But the website has some info on their work on the
    possible future bf2142 stististcs program.

11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Ooh... Well, look for Battlefield 2142 Modding - Statistics Gathering from here --> http://bf2.fun-o-matic.org/index.php/Main_Page [/html]

12. SumoWeezle

SumoWeezle New Member

hey guys, any update on the status of this? is it still looking feasible or not?

13. kosh

kosh New Member

waiting.... =)

14. sharok

sharok Member

Still waiting . . .

Please, give us some hope !

15. shx03597

shx03597 New Member

Yes, me too. I would love having Stats for this Game aswell.
    Shadow where are You?
    Enlight us, please.