1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 2 Statistics 2.0.0 Preview

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by colores, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, its about that time again to release another update B-) . Im taking requests on some new features to implement. Here is what i have done so far for this New release BF2Statistics Launcher: [​IMG] - This program replaces the old VBS scripts used to launch BF2 with the HOSTS file redirect. This new GUI outputs in realtime the status of whats going on. It also allows you to redirect BF2's query on the Gamespy Account servers, which allows you to have all your account information stored on your / or a different machine using the new Gamespy Login Emulator: [​IMG] The Gamespy login emulator allows you to have your own replica of the Official Gamespy account servers. Accounts are created and stored locally in a database on your PC :). You can assign custom PIDs to any and all accounts. Feel free to tell me about your idea's for the next release :) Official Release Data: October 22nd
    [/html]

2. colores

colores New Member

when it comes out??

3. Wilson212

It will be released around the 20th of October :)

4. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Looking good Wilson! :)

Did EA remove the hosts file check they put in because of bf2statistics?

5. Wilson212

Unfortunately no, the hosts file check is still there :p

6. MrNiceGuy

Why the app then? :p

I just came to think of something, why not redirect the address in the router in your local network?

The game cannot check a remote location if the address is redirected...

Something like this: Computer with BF2 --> Router (reroute bf2web)

7. Wilson212

Wow, i never thought of that either :eek:

The Router trick is pretty cool... Though the App can still be used for people who are not behind a router, but rather a modem ;) . It also seems that my linksys router also doesnt support host redirecting like your does ;)

The App is supposed to replace the old .vbs script that theshadow created back in the day for the HOSTS file redirect :)

8. MrNiceGuy

OMG!! How is that possible to miss? HAHA!

But yeah, modem people would still have to use the app, witch is great work btw! :D

I have a new readynas ultra i can try to run a server on now, it's been years since i ran a bf2 server, but this makes me want to fire it up again! :)

9. Wilson212

Hehe, ty :p . Ill give you a preview of something i havent mentioned just yet, and in my opinion is the best part of the up coming update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the server control panel for BF2 statistics... Its still a work in progress, but it will allow you to install and uninstall bf2statistics on your server with just a push of a button, as well as many other features ;)

10. MrNiceGuy

Well that looks promising! Great work! :)

11. colores

colores New Member

You are going to distribute the source code of this application?

12. Wilson212

Possibly. The application will be distributed for sure with the 1.6.0 release, but im not sure if the source code will be made public or not

13. MrNiceGuy

Have you hacked your router with DD-WRT or Tomato? :)

14. Wilson212

i have not ;)

15. MrNiceGuy

It's released! See: http://www.bf2statistics.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?7778
    [/html]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.