[Preview] Control Center 2.2 Gamespy Redirects

Discussion in 'News' started by Wilson212, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Hey there everyone, Today I wanted to show off what I have been working on for the last few weeks. It's no secret that we must use some sort of redirection method to force Battlefield 2 to use a different address to fetch Gamespy related services. Things such as stats, online server browser, and even the login servers must be redirected so we can continue to play this great game with stats enabled.

It has always been a standard here at Bf2Statistics to modify the System HOSTS file, which makes sense provided what it does, but of course EA had to throw a wrench in everything, and introduce a HOSTS file check in patch 1.3, that renders HOSTS file redirects useless.... unless of course, we deny READ permissions from the hosts file ;) . unfortunately, since read permissions are denied, this causes some issues with the windows DNS services, and sometimes the redirects end up only working for a few hours if at all. I have worked very hard to come up with different ideas that we can use instead of the hosts file, such as using a hosts.ics file, or installing a DNS service directly on your home PC and configuring redirects with that. With these different services about, it's time that the Control Center also use these services!

Below are some *alpha* pictures of the new Gamespy Redirection system in the 2.2.0 version of the Control Center.

Step 1:

[​IMG]

Step 2:

[​IMG]

Step 3 (For hosts file):

[​IMG]

Final Step:

[​IMG]

Success Page:

[​IMG]

And finally, the new UI on the main window:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    MrNiceGuy, Liiw and lJaYl like this.
  2. Ryuop

Ryuop Member

Nice job , Wilson :)

Wilson212 likes this.
  3. lJaYl

lJaYl New Member

Well done man.
    -JaY

Wilson212 likes this.
  4. woefjojioj

woefjojioj New Member

Can you play online games to see all the list of servers? Where to download Control Center 2.2 ?Thank you!

5. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Wilson212 likes this.
  6. Cookieboy

Cookieboy New Member

Any chance this will get committed to master in the next little while? Have a tournament tonight, and would like to use it ;) Thanks again for all you do!

7. Wilson212

Ive been taking a slight break recently, I should be back at it soon. Still no release date, but its nearly finished

EDIT: Released today! :D

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    MrNiceGuy likes this.
  8. MarkusxX

MarkusxX New Member

This very Nice !

9. TheBassFlow

TheBassFlow New Member

Linux server?

10. Wilson212

No Linux, just windows sorry o_O