Info needed....

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by marty6, Nov 18, 2006.

1. marty6

marty6 Member

Hi,

I need to know if a server needs to have curl, php, and asp.net enabled for the bf2 webserver to work. I'm having a difficult time finding a free server on the internet. I do have a server which it will work on but it's on a lan. I'm able to tunnel the lan server's info up to other webservers which I and any one else could view their stats from. Is the new version of BF2 statistics (1.41) able to allow clients who are not part of a Lan to view their stats from the lan server?

Thanks,

marty6

2. gf69

gf69 New Member

No need for asp.net, the aspx files are merely php scripts with an asp extension. The .htaccess file handles that. If the webserver on the lan has outside access then yes. If you havent already, set up a small apache webserver with mysql and php support then foreward port 80 to it then people can view their stats just by typing in "http://ipaddress" in their browser without the quotes or you could get a domain name.

3. marty6

marty6 Member

gf69,

Thanks for the reply. I have the mysql and apache already installed on the LAN server. My main rig is connected to the internet via cable....I have no router at this time. I was able to tunnel or port forward from the internet to my Lan server via my main rig w/ STL Port Forward prog. My bro is unable to see my LAN server w/ the BFHQ interface. If I forward to another host site on the web, he is able to see his stats only, but still not from w/in the game.

4. marty6

marty6 Member

Hi,

I uploaded the web files to several web sites over this past week. None of them work. All config files pointing to the asp location on the server. ie....'http://xx.xxx.x.xxxx:8080" but nothing works. The "x's" represent my main rig's ip addy. Then I port forward to the Apache LAN server.

One site returned an error message for curl(), another site returned the basic bf2stats pages but not the individual score of the 25 peeps., Another site returned did not have the 25 score and also could not see any of the pic files for the awards, ect....

Any help is appreciated
    marty6

5. gf69

gf69 New Member

Is it a winblows webserver or linux?
    http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php
    "Requirements

In order to use PHP's CURL functions you need to install the libcurl package. PHP requires that you use libcurl 7.0.2-beta or higher. In PHP 4.2.3, you will need libcurl version 7.9.0 or higher. From PHP 4.3.0, you will need a libcurl version that's 7.9.8 or higher. PHP 5.0.0 requires a libcurl version 7.10.5 or greater.
    Installation

To use PHP's CURL support you must also compile PHP --with-curl[=DIR] where DIR is the location of the directory containing the lib and include directories. In the "include" directory there should be a folder named "curl" which should contain the easy.h and curl.h files. There should be a file named libcurl.a located in the "lib" directory. Beginning with PHP 4.3.0 you can configure PHP to use CURL for URL streams --with-curlwrappers.

Note to Win32 Users: In order to enable this module on a Windows environment, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll must be present in your PATH.

You don't need libcurl.dll from the CURL site. "