Help still needed

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by marty6, Dec 20, 2006.

1. marty6

marty6 Member

Hi,

Has anyone been able to get stats working for Special Forces. If so, can some one throw me a bone here? I guess I need it spelled out for me.

I was finally able to get my webserver's info up to the internet, so that players can see their stats on the web. I was able to port forward their stats from the lan server (slave ... no router) to my main rig, which is connected to the internet via cable modem.

But, I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a clients host file pointing a game server on a LAN and able to get stats in the BFHQ? I'm able to do it, because I'm on the LAN. But, is there a way for clients on the internet to use their BFHQ in their game?

Thanks,

marty6

2. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

Tell each client to use the supplied vbs script to launch the bf2 game so that it will connect to your bf2statistics server.

3. marty6

marty6 Member

Inslaber,

Thanks for the tip. I found the zip file in another posting. Also, do the clients point the vbs script to my "main" rig? I don't think that there is a way to the server's ip which is 192.168.0.2 (Lan Server)....no router.

Here are the lines that I found in the vbs script to edit...

' EDIT: This Line includes your game server host name/IP address.
    'strLookupAddr = "privatestats.gamespy.host" ' Host Name
    strLookupAddr = "192.168.2.1" ' IP Address

The strLookupAddr has to be changed to my main rig's IP?

4. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

your main rig i think should have an internet address.
    if not sure, go to www.whatismyip.com

5. marty6

marty6 Member

Inslaber,

Yes, my main rig does have an ip address. Should the script go like this:

' EDIT: This Line includes your game server host name/IP address.
    'strLookupAddr = "privatestats.gamespy.host" ' Host Name
    strLookupAddr = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" ' IP Address (my main rig's IP

and should the "privatestats.gamespy.host" be "bf2web.gamespy.com"? or just leave it alone?

How does the script point to the server on the LAN? That's what I don't get.

Thanks....marty6

6. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

yes the strLookupAddr points to the ip address of your rig.
    I also think you leave the privatestats.gamespy.host alone because I dont think I changed it.
    Remember to also copy the setacl.exe file to your bf2 game directory along with the vbs script.

From what I have read, the script changes the /windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file so that the bf2web.gamespy.com is redirected to your rig and keeps the hosts file from being modified and or read by bf2 game. Then it launches the bf2 game.