Help!!! Installation question

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by Gianteric, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Gianteric

Gianteric New Member

Hey! I'm trying to install BF2Statistics, but I know nothing about php/SQL or any of that. I am using if you click on documentation and and then alternate documation. I have gotten to where it says 'open your webbrowser and point to the URL(http:///) /make_pid.php' I don't know what how to do that and I can't figure it out. Any help???

Thanks,
    Eric

2. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

user the readme.txt file included in the bf2statistics.zip as documentation.

3. Gianteric

Gianteric New Member

Ok thanks! I think I found my problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Apache won't start. It says '(OS *****[do you want me to put those numbers?]) Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    unable to open logs
    apache could not be started

Anybody know what's wrong?

4. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

Does your computer an IP address? Make sure it has one. do ipconfig or ifconfig (in linux) to check.

also
    maybe there is a service taking up port 80 already?

Btw, I use XAMPP 1.4.16 win-32 which you can download right here.
    It is a complete package with mysql, php, and other things needed for bf2statistics
    built in. I don't know squat of mysql and I installed it ok.

5. Gianteric

Gianteric New Member

Don't all computers have an IP address? We have satellite internet, and we used to not have a static IP, but my dad needed one for work, so now we have a static IP address that is through our router or something. How could I see if there's a service taking up port 80?

I am using XAMPP.

6. Inslaber

Inslaber New Member

use netstat -a
    to see what program is listening on the ports.

7. Gianteric

Gianteric New Member

When I do that nothing ever comes up...

8. djmadman

djmadman New Member

You must enable NAT and DMZ in your router's settings. This is needed to run a webserver. Basically it will tell your router to send all incoming requests to the computer.

It might have a different 'name' as this option is called different by the companies.

9. Gianteric

Gianteric New Member

Well then I think it won't work for me, because I have NAT problems. I can't use file sharing programs either.... Too bad. I can't play muliplayer either. I really really wanted to find a way to get singleplayer stats, and I found this and I was like YES!!!!!!! But it won't work :(

10. djmadman

djmadman New Member

Which operation system is running on your computer? Do you have a personal firewall running on this computer? If yes, maybe this is blocking any access on port 80. Otherwise I would thing, there is another software (webserver) using this port. Did you initally try to install apache, php and mysql manually? If yes, it might not be fully uninstalled.