Convert SQLite to MySQL

Discussion in 'BF2Statistics discussion' started by gt1911, Jan 10, 2017.

1. gt1911

gt1911 New Member

Hi All,

I was thinking I should probably do things properly and use a full MySQL database. My reasons for that include that our group will be using multiple servers at different locations and I want to host the stats on a different server to my game server.

Is there a way to export the SQLite data into a full MySQL database? Sorry if this has been dealt with before. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Matt

2. gt1911

gt1911 New Member

OK, so I've got myself part of the way there. I downloaded "DB Browser for SQLite" from http://sqlitebrowser.org/

That allowed me to access the SQLite database and it even has a handy export function. Unfortunately, when I try and import the SQL output file in phpmyadmin, it has a hissy fit about syntax errors. Any ideas about format / compatibility modes / a better way to do it?

Matt

3. SharK

SharK Member

if I understand correctly, you have a database, and you still dump to another server, and you want it to combine (superimpose on top of the current database) !?
    or that I do not to understand?

4. gt1911

gt1911 New Member

I can do either, if that makes it possible. I have a database with what I think is the right structure and some old data in it or I can create a new one. The problem is that it fails to import the SQL dump.

5. SharK

SharK Member

It should be imported through the update, edit SQL