Discussion in 'Control Center' started by Wilson212, Feb 22, 2013.

Bf2Statistics Control Center 2.3.5

The All in One Private Stats System Resource for Windows

1. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Intoduction:

Hey guys! Today I present you with my latest work, The Control Center :) . Think of this program as an "All-In-One" program of my previous releases. Basically, this program is a compilation of the Client Launcher, Server Launcher, and the Login Emulator. As of v1.1, The Control center also includes a Built-In Http ASP Server, Which will allow you to play without the need of installing a web server and database.

Purpose:

This program was made for people who play with the BF2Statistics system on their personal computer (Lan games with or without bots). Instead of having to use 2 or 3 different programs to get everything running, you can now use 1 simple GUI application to get everything going :) . This program has been tested extensively between My brothers and I (They used the Client Launcher, I used this). My brothers both live roughly 2,500 miles away from me, and the system worked great.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

System Requirements
    - A Windows Operating System (Xp Sp3, Vista, 7, or 8)
    - An Administrator account (For Gamespy redirects and ASPServer)
    - .Net framework 4 Client Profile by Microsoft (Should be already installed)
    - Ports 80, 29900 and 29901 be opened if playing over the internet

Download: http://bf2statistics.com/resources/bf2statistics-control-center.1/
    Source Code: https://github.com/BF2Statistics/ControlCenter
    Bugtracker: https://github.com/BF2Statistics/ControlCenter/issues

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Wilson212

ChangeLog (V1.1.0):

- Added a built in Http ASP server. This allows a private bf2stats enabled server to be ran with no Webserver, or database.
    - BF2 Statistics python files now included, and can be installed with this application.
    - Improved Log writting
    - Updated Database Dll's
    - Fixed a bug where people were not able to scroll in the Connected clients screen of the Login Emulator.

Notes: With the built in ASP server now included, this program is ALL you need to get a local server up and running with bf2statistics enabled. No webserver, or database server is needed, as this application uses Sqlite (file based) database (with optional MySQL connection options), and has a built in Http Server which will handle every call the BF2 client and Servers use to fetch your stats.

ChangeLog (V1.2.0):

- New Gamespy Account list menu, Resembling the player search form.
    - To prevent possible errors, Gamespy accounts can no longer be updated when the player is online.
    - Gamespy accounts can now be kicked offline by a push of a button.
    - Fixed a bug that would not correctly set a custom account ID when creating a new Gamespy account.
    - Fixed a display bug in the player search form, displaying an incorrect amount of search results when using the filter input.
    - General code cleanup and optimizations.

ChangeLog (v1.2.1):

- [ASP - BFHQ] Fixed an issue where users were unable to select unlocks
    - [ASP] Fixed an issue where players country code was incorrect when using a local IP address
    - [ASP] Fixed an issue with the SQLite stats database, causing it to "bloat" after clearing the stats tables.

ChangeLog (v1.3):

- Fixed an issue reading the hosts file on non-american versions of Windows
    - Fixed a rare issue causing the program to crash on start.
    - Added path and file checks to a few forms that load and read server files.
    - Changed status light icons to newer, better looking ones.
    - Fixed a small bug that wouldnt allow the program to add the localhost entry in the hosts file if it didnt exist.
    - Host file address text boxes will now remember the last typed address, even between sessions.
    - Many small code optimizations

ChangeLog (v1.4):

- New: Added built in and improved version of the Medal Data editor
    - Updated: New and Improved server settings screen, including new tooltips.
    - Updated: New and Improved BF2Statistics Config screen, including tooltips.
    - Updated: On the Scoring config screen, all text boxes have been replaced with numeric boxes.
    - Fixed: A crash caused by illegal characters in a maps .desc file in the maplist editor.
    - Misc: Battlefield 2 client path no longer is no longer required to use this program.
    - All sorts of small code optimizations and fixes

ChangeLog (v1.4.1):

- Added a new save option in the medal data editor, which allows you to save SF medal data in the non-SF medal data file
    - Made the Award name / type boxes read-only, as they should have been.
    - Fixed an issue when deleting the active server profile, causing the server to crash.
    - Fixed an issue that caused the medal data form to fail to reload a newly created profile if its position was the same as the old profile in the list.
    - Fixed an bug that would fail to collapse the award tree when changing profiles

ChangeLog (v1.5):

- Added new feature to Backup and Restore stats via an ASP database backup (Interchangable with Web ASP)
    - Added a new visually appealing Task Dialog to display for various tasks
    - Added new "Toast" like notification messages that display in the bottom right of the screen after various task completions
    - Added the "Transpose" query string option in the ASP, to print out data in an alternate, easier to read format.
    Simply just add "&transpose=1" at the end of the query string to any ASP request.
    - Added a new Error form, to display if any errors happen during runtime, which display various details about the error.
    - Trace logs will now be generated when an unexpected error occurs, to help with development, and fixing errors.
    - Updated all queries to use Sql Parameters, to increase database security, and prevent SQL Injection
    - Asp Server and Login servers are now started in a background thread to prevent the GUI from locking due to slow connect times
    - Redesigned ASP Server and Login Emulator tab screens to show various new informational items
    - Added Start / Stop server buttons to the ASP Server and Login Emulator screens
    - Hovering over status icons on the launcher tab screen now displays current status information
    - Various message box popups have been improved, including the addition of icons.
    - Fixed a bug that prevented users to log into the Login Emulator
    - Fixed a bug that prevented map stats to be shown in the BFHQ
    - Fixed various GUI control colors being incorrect.
    - Fixed an ASP error that would prevent BF2 servers from starting if the stats database was empty
    - Optimizations to Snapshot processing
    - Optimizations to the Medal Data Parser
    - Optimizations to the Hosts File Redirect scripts
    - Various other small code optimizations. Every line of code was reviewed, and rewritten as needed.

ChangeLog (v1.6):

- Added missing "createplayer.aspx" request.
    - Redesigned the Player editor form.
    - Added a context menu in the Player view and Account list screens, to display various options.
    - Added the ability to import player stats from the official EA servers, into the private stats database.
    - Added the ability to import and export a player's stats via an XML file.
    - Added the ability to reset a players stats.
    - Removed dependancy from the gspassenc.exe, which was used to decode gamespy encoded passwords. This is now done internally for increased perfomance and reliability.
    - Improved reading preformance from the Tcp Socket in the Gamespy login Emulator.
    - Fixed an error that prevented the saving of changes in the player editor.
    - Fixed an error that appeared in the Server Settings Editor when the CoopBot Count setting was higher then 64.
    - Fixed a typo in the AspServer config tooltip for "Ignore AI Stats"
    - Fixed a bug that forced a player to logout when an account is first created (Login Emulator).
    - Various other small optimizations and code changes.

ChangeLog (v1.6.1):

- Implemented MultiThreading when handing an ASP Request to improve performance
    - Various ASP speed and performance optimizations
    - Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the GUI to lockup when a snapshot was received
    - Fixed an issue where using the Player search never turned up any results

3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Great work Wilson212! :)

4. Wilson212

Just a small update on this project. Currently im working on an integrated ASP inside the application. This will allow you to use a BF2Statistics enabled server, without the need of a database and webserver :) . The application will act as a webserver, and will use SQLite as the database (with the option to connect to an external MySQL server).

With this new Integrated ASP, will also add the option to install updated Python files (From Github) with just a click of a button. Essentially, To play BF2Statistics, You just install the application, press a few buttons, and You are ready to play on a full, stats enabled server :) . I should also mention, that this integrated stats system should only be used for personal, or small LAN games. Its not meant to handle tons of servers and players like the normal ASP system.

Unfortunately, this only applies to Windows users. Linux and Mac users will still need to install a webserver and MySQL database, and use the old ASP :)

5. unknown

unknown Member

Do you need the official code of ASP? I have bit. I only can give it to developer.

6. Wilson212

Sure! Ive been using the ASP provided in the releases, but if you have a better source i would love to use it :D

7. Unique

Unique New Member

The tool was deleted, why?

8. Wilson212

The tool is still there. You need to click the link above, and find the Blue arrow, which will start the download

9. MrNiceGuy

Official code? This is the official code, coded by Chump from scratch! Doesn't get any better that that. :)

10. Wilson212

Lol, i don't doubt that one bit. You guys did an amazing job on this system. Kinda wish Chump was still around... No telling what the system could be like today :D

While im here. I suppose i can provide an update for you on the progress of the Built in ASP. It is almost done! I have stats working and displaying correctly in the BF2HQ, and all that nonsense. Im currently working on the Snapshot processing. Once that is done, then i just need to add a new tab on the GUI, and design the user interface for the built in Webserver / ASP.

11. MrNiceGuy

Yeah, the coding job he did was amazing! All those lines of code in just a few days is just mindblowing! :D

You have done a great great job as well, and i'm happy that you are keeping this baby alive! :)
    I spent roughly a year of my life dedicated to this project, and it's so nice to see that so many can still use it, and have fun with it, especially now that you are simplifying it with this app! :)

Wilson212 likes this.
  12. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member

I get an APPCRASH whenever I try and start The Control Center. Am I missing a dependecy?

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: bf2statistics.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.2.1.0
    Problem Signature 03: 514755d9
    Problem Signature 04: BF2Statistics
    Problem Signature 05: 1.2.1.0
    Problem Signature 06: 514755d9
    Problem Signature 07: e
    Problem Signature 08: ad
    Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

13. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member

Forgot to say using Windows 7 x64

14. Wilson212

How many times have you used the application? (Is this a first time use) ? Also, did you use a previous version before installing this one?

15. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member

I've used this app before for like months straight but recently had to re install windows and after that it started doing that. I've installed all the .nets and visuall c++ stuff . Basically everything my system had before. But before it ran perfectly for months without a hiccup.

16. Wilson212

Do you remember what version you were using before this one (Did the previous version you used have the built-in ASP?)?

17. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member

I was using v1.1, If I use the regular setup it all works like with xampp and such, Only the control center doesn't work and has the appcrash. Which I can continue using the regular but the control center was much easier :D

18. Wilson212

Can you replace your BF2Statistics.exe with this one, and send me a screen shot of the error that displays? The exe is in the install location of the program (Default is "C:/program files (x86)/BF2Statistics/Control Center/BF2Statistics.exe". You should rename the old one so you can revert back.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ibd4ldi39xeq9d3

19. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member

It says:

An Exception was thrown!

Data: at BF2Statistics.InstallForm..ctor()
    at BF2Statistics.MainForm..ctor()
    at BF2Statistics.Program.Main()

20. eramsabe

eramsabe New Member