BF2Statistics Control Center 2.0.1 Released!

Discussion in 'News' started by Wilson212, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Wilson212

Wilson212 Administrator Staff Member

Howdy folks, i just updated the Control Center to version 2.0.1. Even from the 2.0.0 Beta standpoint, this thing is UPDATED... Thousands of lines of code were updated, tweaked and Rewritten to make this thing run as smooth and bug free as possible on your machine. There was quite a few changes to the Stats Python files as well, So you will need to update those by pressing the "Restore Ranked Python Files" button on the Bf2 Server Settings Tab. Don't worry though, i updated that feature as well, and your custom python scripts and medal data files will NOT be removed when the restore feature happens ;) .

WARNING: You will need Uninstall your old Stats Python files BEFORE updating to the new Control Center!

Speaking of Medal Data, your old medal data files will no longer fully work :eek: . Some changes were made to the medal data files and you will need to delete your medal data profiles. They will still... technically work, but whenever possible, you should remove your old profiles and create new ones. To see the full list of changes, please refer to the Changelog located here: http://bf2statistics.com/resources/bf2statistics-control-center.1/update?update=21

MrNiceGuy likes this.
  2. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Founder Staff Member

Wilson212 likes this.
  3. 371463200

371463200 New Member

Dosen't work. Comes with error

-------- Exception --------
    Type: System.Exception
    Message: The config key "stats_enable" was not formated correctly.
    Target Method: ParseSettings
    File: d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Python\StatsPythonConfig.cs
    Line: 146
    StackTrace:
    at BF2Statistics.StatsPythonConfig.ParseSettings() in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Python\StatsPythonConfig.cs:line 146
    at BF2Statistics.StatsPythonConfig..ctor() in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Python\StatsPythonConfig.cs:line 132
    at BF2Statistics.StatsPython.get_Config() in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Python\StatsPython.cs:line 51
    at BF2Statistics.MainForm.SetInstallStatus() in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Forms\MainForm.cs:line 159
    at BF2Statistics.MainForm..ctor() in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Forms\MainForm.cs:line 91
    at BF2Statistics.Program.Main(String[] args) in d:\Programming\C#\Projects\BF2Statistics\BF2Statistics\Program.cs:line 73

4. Wilson212

On the news post, in big bold letters... You need to remove your old stats python files before updating!

You can do this manually by deleting the folder "bf2server/python/bf2" and then renaming the backup folder in that same directory to "bf2"

5. 371463200

371463200 New Member

Problem Solved. Thank you very much!

Wilson212 likes this.
  6. Wilson212

Quick Update:

Unfortunately a bug was already found :eek: . Instead of making a entire new update, i just re-uploaded the archive, so if you downloaded the Control center before this post was made, you will need to re-download. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bug Found: An exception was thrown in the Medal Data Editor when choosing a rank to edit

7. kaliqo

kaliqo New Member

Since I am getting an error that this is not a valid Win32 App I am going to assume this is 64-bit only?

8. Wilson212

It works on 32 bit just fine, can you specify the exact error that pops up, and which Windows operating system you are using?

9. ZebMCS

ZebMCS Guest

It works very well, but I have a problem with the login server. It frequently happens that I can not log in either port 80 is being used by another process ... (apache) The best solution would be to separate his, to be able to add it permanently to the MySQL database (I'm using XAMPP). Moreover, it happens that after a few rounds of play statistics not save on server and BFHQ-tab (in game) not respond.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  10. kaliqo

kaliqo New Member

I uninstall the python files, then I have tried both just installing the new one and also uninstalling the old to install the new. Both ways I get an error stating it is not a valid win32 application. This is on a WinXP VB.

Edit: I am coming from 1.8.7 which does work.

11. Wilson212

Windows XP is the problem my friend. 2.0.0 and newer requires .Net framework 4.5 from microsoft, which is only for Windows Vista or newer. Only 1.x.x versions work on WinXP

12. Wilson212

I'm currently re-writing the server code and login socket code for 2.1, i will fix this issue and allow you to use an apache server instead of the built in webserver.

EDIT: One issue i can see with this though, the login server cannot work without a stats database because the Stats system is used to generate player ID's, which is the same as your account ID for gamespy. I did this so Pid's don't get reused, and are assigned properly

13. ZebMCS

ZebMCS Guest

Thanks for your understanding, I know it's complicated, but the idea seems good. I can not wait to see the effects. :) I'm looking forward. :) You're the best Wilson.

14. leksty

leksty New Member

Maybe add the server autorestart beautiful?

15. kaliqo

kaliqo New Member

Ok, finally got around to making a Win7 VB for the newer version. What all do I need to transfer over from the 1.x BF2Stats to the 2.x in order to keep server config, ranks, medals, etc. please? (they are on seperate VB's)